Monday, November 20, 2006

MESSAGE TO THE YOUTH 2006/EVOLVE

MY PROJECT BUILDING (HELL ON EARTH)

I was asked in an interview this past weekend "What is your mission with Peace Denim Co.?" The answer is layered because we have so many facets of Peace Denim.But It was as simple as.."I want to change the world...period"I'm an artist,if I was a musician I would sing songs of Freedom,songs of Peace.But my chamber is clothing design & painting.So I voice my message through those aspects of art.Peace Denim Co. started out to be "just another" clothing label amongst many,but we feel such a
responsibility to enlighten or speak about how F*CKED UP the world has become...we have to SPEAK ON IT.I know it's going against the grain,because we live in an era of "THE CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE".So,we'll stay here and take the heat from the LOST ONES and folks thats just happy to WALLOW IN THE MIRE.Thats not enough for me and I'm trying to at LEAST..speak the truth to the youth.To at least give them a better understanding of REAL LIFE & what it could be.I grew up in one of the most notorious housing projects on the east coast in the midst of the crack-era(circa 1983).It was like hell on earth and when I left I made a promise to God that if she kept a healthy breath in my lung I WAS NEVER COMING BACK.I've kept my word and I don't want any person to have to live through that hell.Especially the babies,because they don't have a choice.If you're raised in a zoo,you will behave like an animal and think it's the only way to live.It's not the only way to live.I've learned in my travels around the world many people live many ways..while in Japan last month I was talking with my partner and she reminded me Japanese schools teach kids MORALS as a class....everyday!!!!!!! MORALS
DEFINITION(BELOW)
mor·al (môrl, mr-) Pronunciation Key
adj.
Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.

-I was sooo jealous (never in my nature) but why aren't our children taught MORALS in class everyday? I will bring that exact question to the next Board Of Education Meeting in my town...PROMISE!!! But ,you see this is the moral obligation of Peace Denim Co.we'll give you top quality,hot,futuristic designs,but it will have SUBSTANCE.
So dig,I don't always agree with Stanley Crouch(NY Daily News) but i do read him everyday.Please read this article and pass it on.Much Thanx
Peace & Respect
The Gov'Na

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/473178p-397971c.html


mixi.jp/home.pl
peacedenimco.com
peacedenimco.blogspot.com
us.cyworld.com/peacedenimco

No comments: